Wednesday, November 09, 2005

in my bedroom...

Under my pillow lives Nina Simone – Her Autobiography i.e. – She keeps me company until I fall asleep. She unveils her life to me in a way that convinces me ukuthi we have met before, in my kitchen perhaps, where I cooked her isitambu as she sipped on my coffee-letting the colours of who she is stand out loud. I appreciate Nina Simone. And then on the floor you’ll always find my black book waiting – I say waiting because at any given moment, even ezinzulwini zobusuku, I could give birth to a poetic confession and my black book is always there to take it all in. You might find sleepers on the floor but hardly because I am almost always barefooted – I don’t keep a side table because of my untidy habits.
I have a 4 bedroom house but my bedroom IS my house – indawoyami!

sent by 23-yr old brown child, Zama Zungu - BCom student at Unisa, a Debtors Controller for a water service provider and a Poet for life