Wednesday, June 01, 2005

YOUNG BASADZI - the cold winter...

SHO! #^$&! Durban is chilly guys …it's a cold winter this year!

The beginning of May saw us start the Poetry sessions on Thursdays at the BatCentre. From running a session with only 5 attendants, to having 12 beautiful women who are keen to just be heard, is indeed an experience! It is a good feeling when I see the regular faces come back, as it reassures us that we are certainly doing something right.

The regular Saturday poetry spot on P4KZN Radio has also been going since the beginning of April, and we are still enthusiastic about this. We hope that it will get to a point where we do not have to wake up early on Saturday mornings to be in studio, but will have a recorded run of our work(what a pleasure).

Beginning of June also marks a completion of our Zulu project, 'Amandl'embokodwe' and we are soon to be working on a collection of poems in isiZulu. I will keep you updated on that as soon as we start working on it.

TransAfrica Express Restaurant, at the Batcentre and the Natal Merchants Wine will be hosting a wine tasting course, with YOUNG BASADZI PROJECTS proudly hosting the poetry. At R75 per evening, or R300 for the entire 4 evenings - you get to be a wine fundi, with a certificate nogal to prove it.
RSVP as there are limited bookings available -starts on Monday 13, June 2005 from 7:00 to 8:30pm.


ANYWAYS, more good news is that I have made arrangements with my main financier up above and HE assured me that he's put aside the rest of the R15 000 to publish 'I Write'. So July (which also marks the 1st birthday of YOUNG BASADZI PROJECTS) will see 'I Write' come into life. I AM EXTREMELY on edge, and can not wait!

'On Dreams' should spring in September - and with the beautiful work that has been sent to me, this is going to be another stunner of a collection.

So basically - I hope June finds you warm with a Cup-a-Soup, a piece of paper and pen to ease away the cold.

Please keep me notified on what you are up to: youngbasadzi@webmail.co.za.