Thursday, December 08, 2005

young basadzi - inspirations



Earthling

Take me through the waves of life
Teaching me what you have learnt
As you learn what I teach
And we will both expand into the fullness of this friendship
Sharing the comfort of companionship

Play me a song with sweet notes of honesty
So we can dance under the sun in pure majesty
Letting the pains of our past escape naturally
As we bare our truth explicitly

Because it is in your comfort that I find goodness
And in my goodness, that you find comfort

So arouse my curiosity with layers of your personality
And I will melt your attention with my poetic confessions
Giving birth to earthling – our new friendship

written by Zama “MaZungu” Zungu, August 2005

It’s an invitation to a life-filled companionship/ a life-giving, life-enhancing friendship. It was inspired by someone who has since become my most essential friend … I hope it will inspire many more soul-friendships…
[picture with a friend that inspires all things lovely @ a poets soup kitchen in La Lucia, September 2005]