Thursday, April 20, 2006

honeymoon morning glory

last night you unpacked
the anatomy of my body
i know not whether it was
your voice or your touch
the tenderness of your hands or
the glow of eyes and
the jubilant sigh of ecstasy
that reached to parts of the man
i barely knew resided in me
passionately waiting to be explored
but with surety i do know
yesternight you took me
to realms i thought only existed
in the world of fantasy and dreams

and when the morning came
you took me out of myself
into the secrets of your body
i will never know whether it is my heart
my body or my soul or my mind
that began the journey to
parts of the woman
that revealed inside you
the glory of lust fed on love
but i now know the face
of a morning glory
on an elongated week
of passionate lovemaking
towards the end of a holiday
in the middle of a honeymoon
the lovers wish to make eternal

(c) mphutlane wa bofelo

posted by mphutlane wa bofelo

letters to tshego still continue so beautifully - wow...